THE STANLEY CUP AND NHL CENTENNIAL FAN ARENA HEADLINE THE PREGAME – THE OFFICIAL TAILGATE PARTY OF THE 2017 COORS LIGHT NHL STADIUM SERIES – AT STAGE AE
The PreGame Will Be Free & Open to the Public, Friday, Feb. 24 & Saturday, Feb. 25
Photo Opportunity with The Stanley Cup®, Newly Engraved With Names of the
2016 Stanley Cup Champion Penguins
NEW YORK (Feb. 15, 2017) –The National Hockey League (NHL) and a dozen of its corporate partners will entertain hockey fans in Pittsburgh with The PreGame, the official tailgate party of the 2017 Coors Light
NHL Stadium Series™ – the highly-anticipated, regular-season outdoor game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers at Heinz Field on Feb. 25. Held at Stage AE’s outdoor music stage and parking lot across from Heinz Field, the two-day hockey-themed, family-friendly festival will be free and open to the public and feature live music, special appearances, and food and hockey attractions, including the NHL Centennial Fan Arena. An interactive traveling experience honoring a century’s worth of extraordinary players, teams, remarkable plays and unforgettable moments, the NHL Centennial Fan Arena will also feature the most revered trophy in all sports -- the Stanley Cup®.
The PreGame will be open to the general public on Friday, Feb. 24 (in the parking lot only) and Saturday, Feb. 25 from 3:00-8:00 p.m. ET each day. A ticket will not be required for access.
Fans who visit The PreGame will gain access to the NHL Centennial Fan Arena during its stop in Pittsburgh as part of its visit to all NHL markets across North America in 2017. Created with NHL players and fans at the center of the experience, the NHL Centennial Fan Arena includes an innovative museum truck with 1,000-square-feet of interactive digital displays and historical memorabilia, a one-of-a-kind virtual-reality Zamboni® game, and the Stanley Cup. Penguins fans will get their first chance to see the Stanley Cup engraved with the names of the 2016 Stanley Cup Championship team.
Pittsburgh’s own My Hero Zero will perform on Stage AE’s outdoor music stage on Saturday, Feb. 25. Additional entertainment will be announced at a later date.
WHAT: The PreGame
WHEN: Friday, Feb. 24: 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. ET (Parking Lot Only)
Saturday, Feb. 25: 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. ET
WHERE: Stage AE Outdoor Music Stage & Parking Lot
Located at the intersection of Art Rooney Avenue & W. General Robinson Street
400 N. Shore Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
In addition to the NHL Centennial Fan Arena, the following attractions will be free and open to the general public throughout The PreGame’s operating hours in Stage AE’s parking lot:
• NHL Stadium Series™ title partner, Coors Light, will be giving fans 21 years and older the refreshing reward of a cold Coors Light in the Coors Light Beer Garden at The PreGame. Penguins and Flyers alumni will be at the Coors Light Beer Garden on Feb. 25 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. ET to help fans join the Coors Light sustainability mission by taking their best shot at the Coors Light Slap Shot. Fans also have the opportunity to join thousands of people making the pledge to never drive drunk and always have a designated driver with Coors Light - the Official Beer of the NHL - and TEAM Coalition. Those who make the pledge will receive a souvenir photo and be entered to win a NHL prize pack.
• Fans can stop by the Dunkin’ Donuts tent to sample free coffee and munchkins and take home a commemorative photo in front of the Dunkin’ Donuts’ ice rink.
• NHL Network™ will offer fans the chance to call the action from the NHL Network set through a unique photo opportunity. Participants will receive a souvenir print and digital copy of their photo as well as a free NHL Network hockey-puck keychain.
• Fans can check out the all-new 2017 Honda Ridgeline, participate in a slapshot challenge and receive a free gift while supplies last, courtesy of Honda, the Official Vehicle of the NHL®.
• The Pepsi Zero Sugar Sharp Shooter allows fans to showcase their shooting accuracy, take their best shot, and enjoy free samples.
• Fans will have the opportunity to take a commemorative photo and win prizes by playing the GEICO Memory Game.
• The iconic Oscar Mayer Wienermobile, also known as the beloved 27-foot-long hot dog on wheels, is in town for the 2017 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™.
• Fans can stop by the NUTmobile to see the 26-foot-long peanut on wheels along with Planters 100-year-old iconic Mr. Peanut.
• Reebok’s Immersion Zone will allow fans to enter the world of the NHL. Fans will experience augmented reality photo booths to outfit themselves in the latest Reebok NHL gear and test their skills with the Reebok Hockey Ultimate Challenge Floor Projection Game.
• The PreGame Merchandise Trailer - at the intersection of Art Rooney and General Robinson Avenues – will offer an extensive selection of officially-licensed 2017 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ merchandise including jerseys, knit caps, apparel and novelty items.
• Fans can also stop by the Upper Deck Trading Card Zone to get their own FREE personalized hockey card and ask about e-pack, the best new way to get free packs and trade cards.